I tried this dish over the holidays and it immediately became a favorite. Plain Greek Yogurt and shredded parmesan cheese are substituted for the heavy cream in more common versions. Add sliced cooked, or canned, artichoke for another upgrade!
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
6 cups (6 ounces) baby spinach leaves,
1 garlic clove, minced (about 1/2 teaspoon)
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
2. Add the spinach, garlic, crushed red pepper, salt & black pepper. Cook 3 mins.
3. Put yogurt in medium bowl. Stir in spinach mixture & cheese.
4. Chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes before serving.
5. Store leftovers in airtight container in refrigerator < 3 days.
Tip: Serve with sliced french bread, whole grain crackers, sliced bell peppers, or your choice!